.
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."
Ephesians 4:2

Sunday, January 18, 2009

3 Months of Grace and Love


Today, Mackenzie and I will be celebrating our 3 months together as husband and wife.
I am elated to share in this special day with my husband! Not just this day, but every day for the rest of our lives.

Don't get me wrong, we have definitely had our fair share of arguments. Ones that have left us broken, hurt, and angry. But in the end, we don't
give up. We come back together, and always apologize.

There is no way that we'd be able to do this with out the love, strength, grace, and mercy of our Father in Heaven. In fact, sometimes I'm surprised by the amount of grace God extends to us. Especially when I am not giving Him the time He deserves. I am so guilty of that. Father, please forgiv
e me.

I wanted to share a devotion from Our Daily Bread. It was actually for Friday, the 16th. However, I thought it went well for today:

"What God has joined together, let not man separate" - Matthew 19:6
Some people would like to leave open the "lock" in wedlock. The vows "for better or for worse...till death do us part" sound too risky. One lib
eral minister said that marriage as we know it is obsolete. Yet studies show that married people tend to be happier and healthier. A Gallup Poll revealed that 95 percent of Americans consider marriage and family life to be very important to them.

God put a padlock on wedlock because man needed the support and fulfillment that is inherent to a lifelong commitment. In Genesis 2:18, the Lord said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him." God is not only the architect of marriage but also the One who holds it together. - Our Daily Bread


I thank God for holding our marriage together. I know that Mac
kenzie and I are in the beginning and that we will go through many more things together, whether good or bad. But with God, we can get through anything. Thank you Lord for your grace and love.

Just 30 minutes before he asked me to marry him. I wonder what he was thinking about??

Mackenzie, I love you with all of my heart. I am so thankful to God for bringing you into my life. I could not ask for a better husband. You have been such a gift to me and I'm so proud of the wonderful, handsome man you are. I'm thankful that I am able to call you my husband!
Happy 3 month anniversary my love! I can't wait to celebrate many more months with you and am excited for when those months turn into years!

I hope this day finds you all with peace and joy! Have a blessed Sunday.

9 sweet comments:

Rose of Sharon said...

Happy 3 month anniversary Mackenzie and Brittany! I know that God has blessed you and will continue to bless you in your marriage. You are wise to be reading His word together and praying together to ask Him to guide and direct you in everything and to hold your marriage in His hand. You sure have the right attitude about wedlock being locked! I know you guys will last a lifetime!

With love, Sharon & Mom

Dana said...

Thats neat that you have that picture of him in deep thought:) Did you have a feeling he was getting ready to ask?

the said...

Congrats on 3 months and Im so glad to see others really paying attention to the meaning of marriage. It is truely a lifetime committment!

Stephanie

Brittany said...

Thanks Dana,

I actually didn't have any idea that he would ask that day! It was such a special surprise and yet, in great timing!

Barb said...

Happy 3 months,you guys are a cute couple.I made your beef tacos for our dinner last night and everyone loved them.....Barb

Kathi said...

Happy three months Anniversary to you Brittany and Mackenzie. You are such a perfect couple. God has joined the two of you together. What an awesome God! Hugs, Kathi

Only The Good Stuff said...

How precious! Congratulations! I love the pictures! Just adorable!

Elena said...

That is wonderful! Let me tell you the months turn into years very quickly and I have only been married for 6 years! I loved that you shared the daily bread devotional on marriage. It is so true.

Megalamode said...

Hi Brittany! My name is Megan, and I stumbled across your blog on Sarah's (Simple Country Girl) "Blogs I follow" list. I really enjoyed reading some of your blog and am going to "follow". I just wanted to say hi so you wouldn't wonder who was following your blog. I am also 22, and got married in July of 2008. I love the Lord and love being a Christian. I have 2 little girls. My husband and I each already had a daughter when we met. Anyway, so we have some in common, and some a little different, but I really enjoyed your blog, so I thought I'd say hi!. Hope you have a great weekend!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails