.
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."
Ephesians 4:2

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chicken and Wild Rice


I made this absolutely delicious soup last night. (If I must say so myself!) It is Chicken and Wild Rice soup and not only is it fairly simple to make, but healthy too.

Here's the recipe for you to try:
2 boneless chicken breast halves ( I actually used 4 tenderloins.), cooked and cubed.
1 (4.5 oz) package quick-cooking wild rice mix with chicken flavor
3 cups water
3 teaspoons chicken bullion granules.
1 (14oz) package frozen pearl onions
1 cup carrots, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
  1. Prepare rice mix according to package directions
  2. In a large pot, combine prepared rice mix, cooked chicken, water, bullion granules, onions, carrots, celery, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Now, after eating it, my husband suggested adding more broth (i.e. more water and bullion granules) and less onions. Maybe next time I'll use just 1/2 a package of onions! Let me know what you think if you try it!

Tonight, I'll be making shredded beef tacos with a top round sirloin roast that's been in the slow cooker all day! Yum!

Have a blessed day!



11 sweet comments:

Sondra said...

That looks so yummy! I do see a lot of onions in there-lol. You seem to be loving the role as wife very much :)

Anonymous said...

Good morning Brittany,
I've been MIA for a few days...trying to play "catch-up!" The soup looks delicious. Thanks for posting the recipe; I've copied it down. Easy & quick to make ~ always a ++.

Your office/guest room is adorable. Remember the saying, "good things come in small pkgs?" :o)

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Mardell

Rose of Sharon said...

Looks delicious! You sure are taking good care of that boy of mine! You are a great wife Brittany! Have a great day!

Love, Sharon (Mom)
P.S. The boys have home games again on Friday night if you guys want to come. Just call us for the times.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great and I have never thought about tacos with top round sirloin. You will have to share!

Charree said...

The soup looks yummy! I will have to give it try. Have a blessed day!
~Charree

Dana said...

Im definitely going to try that:)

Brittany said...

Thanks Mardell!

It's good to hear from you! Thanks for the comment on the soup and guest room. I do know that saying and believe it's true with our little room!

Have a fabulous night!

Brittany

Sherry said...

What time is supper?

Kathi said...

Oh yummm! Sounds so good Brittany. Love ya, Kathi

Anonymous said...

Brittany that soup looks beautiful! And I can see
you did a great job!
I am going to make that soup. Thank you so much for
sharing!
Gods Blessings To You
Pamela

Brittany said...

Pamela-
Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

In Him,
Brittany

Related Posts with Thumbnails