.
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."
Ephesians 4:2

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Strawberries and Saturdays

Good morning! I hope your weekend is off to a great start! We'll be having a semi-busy day today.
My hubby and I have worship practice for two hours this morning and this evening, we'll be going to have a dinner meeting at the worship director's house. Please be praying for us as our church is going through some changes and we're trying to figure out where God wants us to be. I'll talk about this at a later date.

Last night, I made a ham dinner with scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole, and rolls. It was just my hubby and I. We were going to have another couple over but they had to cancel last minute due to an urgent, unexpected trip.

One of the reasons we were able to have this special dinner was because my husband's aunt and uncle gave us a basket for Christmas that had everything we needed to make a ham dinner. Including the ham! It was so extremely generous of them. They wanted to give it to us because we were just recently married two months prior to Christmas. It was their idea of a romantic dinner. We were really touched.

Mackenzie and I had a nice evening together!

For dessert, I made something easy, but special....

Strawberries and pineapple dipped in chocolate! Yum!

Have you seen this before? I thought it was so neat when I saw it. It's dipping chocolate pieces in a microwaveable bowl. It was such an easy way to melt the chocolate, and easy to dip the fruit in! You just heat it at 30 second intervals, stirring in between.

It's the simple things in life that make me happy...

Here are the finished strawberries. After I dipped them in chocolate, I put them in the fridge so the chocolate would harden.

And the finished pineapple.

Have a blessed weekend!

7 sweet comments:

Sherry said...

I love chocolate covered strawberries and pineapple almost as much as my husband! Just joking.....well sorta...no I really am joking. LOL

Looks wonderful!

Dana said...

That was a neat idea for a gift to newlyweds, how was the pineapple in the chocolate, I never thought about those two together?

Julieann said...

Your dinner and dessert sound and look sooooo yummy...I hope you two enjoyed your dinner and some time alone. I will keep you in my prayers about your church---keep us posted.

Julieann

Brittany said...

Dana - the pineapple in chocolate is great! Different than strawberries, but still very good. In fact, my hubby likes them more!

Kathi said...

Oh that looks so good. You two are such a sweet couple. I think it's wonderful that you lead worship together. Hugs, Kathi

Rose of Sharon said...

Mmmmm! Looks so delicious and it is so easy! Great tip, thanks sweetie! See you tomorrow!

Hugs and love, Mom (shar)

Kristen said...

yUMM That is one of my favorite desserts! I hope that all is ok for your friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails