.
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."
Ephesians 4:2

Monday, January 26, 2009

Good Intentions...


Hello everyone! I hope you had a wonderful week.
I had a very nice one! I had really good intentions for this week. Unfortunately, I was not able to get everything done that I had planned.

It's interesting to me that there are so many weeks when I have a lot of free time. Then however, when I plan to get some extra things done, my week fills up with so many other unexpected events! Why does it happen that way?

My husband and I had a lot of those "unexpected events" this week. They were all good and fun, but definitely unexpected!

Let me remind you that I had "planned" to:
  • paint the desk
  • organize the office closet
  • touch up some painted areas that needed touching up
  • etc
Now, here's a look at our evenings this past week:
  • Monday night - some good friends came into town from Seattle to tell us that they were expecting! We had dinner with them and later the girls and guys split up to do different fun things. Ice cream, etc.
  • Tuesday night - we were invited (that morning!) to a good friend's birthday celebration
  • Wednesday night - We met with the Pastor of our church to talk about some differences in the church. This went extremely well by the way and we feel so much better than we did. We're glad that God is calling us to stay at this church.
  • Thursday night - Mackenzie had guys night. Which, you would think, gave me a lot of free time to do the things I had "planned". Unfortunately, I got sick and was resting in bed. :(
  • Friday night - We went to watch Mackenzie's younger brother's basketball game - they won!
  • Saturday - I had to work during the day. That evening, was actually our only "free" night together for the week. I had planned on painting the desk this day, but, due to financial reasons, we decided to wait on buying the paint. So, the desk was postponed and instead, I made a great dinner and we watched a movie!
  • Sunday - Church, Mackenzie's grandparents came for a visit, and we had our annual "Dinner and a Movie" with Mackenzie's family.
So, with my work schedule during the day and all these activities in the evening, it left practically no time for me to get what I wanted done!

I was a little bummed but we really did have a good week.

I did try a few new recipes, that I will share with you later this week. :)

Since I have postponed buying the paint for my office desk, I have a question for you ladies. What color do you think I should choose? I was thinking just a cream color but if you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Here's a picture so you can see what the desk looks like. This is in our office/guest room.

Sorry it's not the whole desk. You get the idea though, right?
I'll also be putting new hardware on it too. We really like brushed nickle hardware so I'll be finding some cute knobs that work with it!

I hope your Monday goes well and look forward to catching up with you all!

11 sweet comments:

Dana said...

Im glad you are feeling better and I think cream is a good choice:)))

Anonymous said...

I would paint the top brown, like your frames and the bottom cream like you suggested. I enjoy your blog. Have a great day!

Elena said...

I understand about not getting everything done that you had wanted to do. It happens to me a lot, but I just keep plugging away and eventually it all gets done, it just takes me longer at times. Of course these days I have a lot more things to keep me busy!

Rose of Sharon said...

That's too bad that you didn't get all your stuff done, but you know, it's OKAY! You had wonderful time with your hubby and friends and you still did accomplish a lot! You worked every day and cooked every night and enjoyed your life! A to do list is just words on paper and that project will still be there next week! Thank you for carving out time for us during your week sweetie! We sure enjoy spending time with you two!

As far as the desk, I am wondering if you should try something fun like brown and then paint the drawer fronts black or visa versa? Or do what they do on the decorating shows and paint it one third brown, one third orange and one third yellow to match the bedding? No matter what you choose, I am sure it will turn out beautiful!

I love you!
Sharon (Mom)

Barb said...

That's always how my week goes when I make plans oh well, I am thinking the desk may look good painted black.Missed you....Barb

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Brittany! Our family has been away for our Summer holiday for the last 3 weeks, so I'm just now finding some time to catch up with everyone. It sounds like you've had a very busy, but fun week. Those unexpected events often turn out to be the most fun! I hope you have a really happy week, and that you find the time to get all your projects finished!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you find the time to get everything finished! Your home looks amazing and it just takes time to get it the way you want!
Sarah

Melissa said...

I wonder how a dark brown or black would look for you desk with some vintage silver knobs?

Can't wait to see the results!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brittany,
It's good to have you back! :o) Sorry you didn't get all you'd planned accomplished done...sounds like you had quite a busy week! Glad you're feeling better though.

I was going to mention the same thing Sharon did about your desk...perhaps paint the top & drawer fronts one color (brownish) and the base a cream color. I've always liked the contrast doing it like that. I'm sure whatever you decide, it's going to look wonderful.

Hugs to you sweetie!
Mardell
(freezing in NY anticipating another snow storm tomorrow!)

Brittany said...

Joyce-

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for the helpful hint on the desk! I hope you come back soon!

Mardell-
It's good to be back! Thanks! I'm pretty sure I'll be able to scratch everything off my list someday! :) Thanks for your idea for the color of the desk. I will post my idea in tomorrow's post!

In Him,
Brittany

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

LOVE the desk! Sooo cute!

I would love to hear more about you talking to your pastor about church differences as I'm going through something similar right now. You can email me if you don't want to share it on the blog. I'd love some tips and inspiration on how to go about doing this. Thanks girl!
Jennifer

Related Posts with Thumbnails