.
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."
Ephesians 4:2

Friday, January 9, 2009

A Very Special Wedding Gift

I wanted to share with you a wonderful gift we received from our wedding. We have a good friend who is very talented both musically and artistically. So, instead of a gift off our registry, we asked her to paint us a picture that would go in our new home.

She asked us our style and what we would like and this is what she came up with:


A beautiful red Orchid to hang above our dining table. I absolutely LOVE it! I love orchids and I love the style she chose to paint it.

Here it is next to a candle sconce. We are going to get an identical sconce to go on the other side of the painting as soon as we can.

Mackenzie and I both love having orginal artwork in our home. From friends, family, ourselves...we want to have it. In fact, we'd love originals to be the only thing we have hanging in our home, but that may take awhile! We have some other work from a friend who makes wood carvings and then stamps them onto paper with ink...here's an example:

Not only do we enjoy it, we feel it supports our friends as well!

Hope you enjoyed viewing our special gifts! Have a wonderful Friday!




13 sweet comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are so pretty! It is so great to be surrounded by beautiful things that your family creates. It just means so much more than running out to the store and buying something.

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Y'all are surrounded by talent! That is awesome! And I love the pictures! My younger sister is an exceptional artist. I should totally post some of her work! THanks for the idea. Good luck with your collection.

Dana said...

Thats is pretty neat:)

Liz Harrell said...

How pretty!

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful original piece of artwork! What a special gift also! It matches you both well- at least from what I know through yours and Sharon's blogs ;)

That's a great goal to have all original artwork- I am sure one day you will. I like the sconce too-

Happy weekend!

Kathi said...

Beautiful Brittany. If you have a free moment you could put this on Kelli's show and tell today. Love you, Kathi Her blog name is on my blog today.

Beth said...

Thanks for your sweet comment yesterday! You make me smile when I read them! I love your wedding gift painting, is is really cool. I like to frame original artwork too! I'm so excited because we are going to get a Golden doodle puppy soon! I'm nervous but excited!

Anonymous said...

I loved the picture of the orchid. It is beautiful and you have such talented friends. As a matter of fact,you are surrounded with talent, including yourselves. The asian attraction that you have may come from you being surrounded by it growing up. Your Dad and I displayed a bit throughout the house that was collected while in Okinawa.

I also loved seeing pictures of your honeymoon together. Pictures are wonderful for recalling feelings and experiences. Thank you for sharing.

Love you....more,;-)
Mom

Brittany said...

Thanks Mom! I'm sure the Asian pieces you had around the house did have an influence on me! :) I remember many of them! It was great talking with you on the phone today! I always have a wonderful time talking with you! I miss you!

Love you more than....that!
Brittany

Rose of Sharon said...

I love that picture. She is really talented. I think it looks great on that wall and I also really like the sconce.

Have a great weekend and I hope you get all caught up. We will see you at church.

Love you,

Sharon (Mom)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

That is beautiful!!

Charree said...

The orchid picture is so neat. I really like the design and the colors. Thanks for sharing a picture of it.

Have a blessed weekend!
~Charree

Sherry said...

I LOVE the art work. That is perfect above your table. I remember seeing the table in a previous post.

I also enjoyed looking at your honeymoon pictures...wonderful time you had. I have heard the food is wonderful. Can you tell it is "D" time ...diet time...the first thing I think about is the food on the ship....LOL

Have a great weekend. Thanks for praying for our Babydoll. I just got home from the hospital and he had some color and was a little happier tonight.

Related Posts with Thumbnails